Special interest program focused on astronomy, a selection of the best programs to discover the cosmos in the Elqui Valley.
Thursday: Check-in to hotel in Pisco Elqui, a typical town of Chile’s North. Excursion to the last villages situated back in the valley, enjoying its natural and cultural heritage, with excellent views over the valley and its surrounding mountains.
Friday: Optional horseback ride or trekking to the Andes along the trails of the local cowboys and goatherds. An adventure that will take you through a natural and wild landscape under a crystal clear-blue sky along the Cochiguaz River. Basic horseback riding instructions will be given by us. The ride is also suitable for unexperienced riders as the horses are tame. In the afternoon, there is time to rest in the hotel or discover the village of Pisco Elqui. At sunset, we pick you up for the astronomic program. Under the open sky, around a campfire with a Pisco Cocktail you will listen to a talk of the astronomical guide. Later, you will discover the valley’s fascinating starry sky with a 20” telescope.
Saturday: Morning trip to the scientific observatory Cerro Tololo, including a visit to the observatory’s facilities and a guided tour introducing the research done at the complex. Check-in to the hotel in Vicuña, free afternoon. At night you will participate at a tour to a touristic observatory, consisting of an introductory talk, observation of celestial objects with a telescope and a larger telescope from the dome of the observatory.
- 2 nights in hotel in Pisco Elqui
- 1 night in hotel in Vicuña
- 3 breakfasts / 1 lunch box
- Visit of a touristic observatory + visit of the scientific observatory CerroTololo
- Astroexperience under open sky with a professional telescope and specialized guide in Pisco Elqui
- Horseback ride to the Andes (including stirrups, cowboy straw hat, chaps)
- Guided tour to the last villages back to the Elqui Valley
- All the logistics, support and transfers needed during the program
To be defined. Check-in Thursday/ check-out Sunday
CLP 295.000 per adultand CLP 236.000 children under 12 years